What we do at YPFI
We are a campaign and advocacy group whose mission is to improve the lives of young disabled people in London.
Who can be a member of YPFI?
At YPFI, we welcome other young disabled people between 13-30 years old who live, study or work in the London Borough of Camden or surrounding boroughs. We also welcome young people who, while not disabled themselves, are interested in meeting, learning and campaigning on issues affecting young disabled people.
How YPFI works
Our main aim is to represent the views of young disabled people in Camden.
- We campaign for improved equality and for people to gain better access to the local community.
- We deal with topics such as transport, health, housing, social care and schools – all issues that young disabled people face in their day-t0-day lives.
- We run training courses for young people, organisations and businesses.
- We support organisations to become more disability aware and accessible with our PACT assessment programme.
- We run a unique, user-led disability awareness training course: ‘Don’t Dis Our Abilities’.
- We train young disabled people to be more aware of the issues affecting them and help improve their confidence and ability to speak up on our SUPA training course.
How to join YPFI
Joining YPFI is easy!
Send us an e-mail or call us and you can come and meet us:
Phone: 020 7424 1601
Or click below to find us on Twitter and Facebook:
You can also visit our website: http://www.ypfi.org.uk